Entry-Level Milk-Sample Technician
Full-time, first shift
Full-time entry-level Milk-Sample Technicians work as part of a team in a state-of-the-art milk-sample-processing environment. Under the guidance of the facility supervisor, Milk-Sample Technicians carefully view and analyze milk samples for a variety of data points. They provide assistance to ensure equipment is operating properly, while making sure all samples are processed correctly by following strict guidelines set by the National Dairy Herd Information Association.
- Assist with moving and organizing milk samples for processing;
- Perform accurate preparation of various chemicals for analysis of milk samples;
- Use state-of-the-art equipment to analyze milk samples;
- Prepare sample vials for use by team members in the field;
- Work together to maintain inventory and supply levels to ensure compliance with quality control;
- Clean equipment and work area; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- There may occasionally be opportunities to assist DHI Specialists on farm and provide relief help in the sample-delivery department.
- High school diploma or equivalent required;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Demonstrates the ability to operate all testing equipment and supplies according to procedural standards on a daily basis;
- Ability to regularly sit, stand for prolonged periods of time, walk, bend, climb, lift and carry objects up to 50 pounds, and move quickly to evade potentially-harmful situations; and
- Strong work ethic, with ability to work on your own, as well as in a team structure.
- A dairy-farm background is preferred, but not mandatory.
- Hourly wage;
- Paid time off;
- Health-, dental-, and vision-insurance options;
- Flexible-spending account;
- 401 (k) – retirement savings plan with up to 4% match;
- Company-sponsored life insurance and long-term-disability insurance;
- Optional short-term-disability insurance;
- Continuing-education opportunities;
- Employee-assistance program; and
- Employee-awards program.
- We prefer to promote from within when advancement opportunities arise. Our investment in your training is critical in maintaining that goal.
About CentralStar Cooperative:
CentralStar’s goal of enhancing producer profitability through integrated services is fulfilled by incorporating an array of products and services critical to dairy-and-beef-farm prosperity. CentralStar’s product and service offerings include Accelerated Genetics, GenerVations and Select Sires genetics; extensive artificial-insemination (A.I.) technician service; genetic, reproduction, and dairy-records consultation; DHI services; diagnostic testing; herd-management products; research and development; and more. CentralStar’s administration and warehouse facilities are located in Lansing, Mich., and Waupun, Wis., with laboratories in Grand Ledge, Mich., and Kaukauna, Wis. The cooperative serves dairy and beef producers throughout Wisconsin, Michigan, and Indiana, with additional DHI territory in various surrounding states.
|Job Category||Full Time|