Inspire. Innovate. Integrate.
CentralStar is committed to igniting our team’s passion to explore endless possibilities, creating new solutions that deliver greater results on farm. This approach allows us to meet our mission of, “enhancing producer profitability through integrated services.”
CentralStar Cooperative Inc was established on May 1, 2019 as the result of the merger between NorthStar Cooperative and East Central/Select Sires. CentralStar has a robust history with more than 150 years of combined experience and innovation from NorthStar and East Central. Today CentralStar is a leader in delivering integrated products and services to the dairy and beef industries across the Midwest including:
- Select Sires and Accelerated Genetics dairy and beef cattle genetics
- Specialty genetics: GenerVations, Crossbreeding Genetics
- ProfitMAX™ Beef on Dairy breeding program
- Reproduction services
- Genetic consultation
- Dairy production analysis
- Reproduction consultation
- Electronic heat detection and herd monitoring systems
- Dairy Herd Information (DHI) Services
- Lab Services for production, health and disease traits
- Herd management products
CentralStar delivers on-farm service to more than 7,500 dairy and beef producers in Michigan, Indiana and Wisconsin, with diagnostic testing and lab services being available across the U.S. The majority of CentralStar team members live in the community they work and represent one of the most comprehensive field services team in the Midwest. A small portion of our team responsible for administration, distribution, research and lab services work from one of our four facilities in Lansing, Grand Ledge, Waupun and Kaukauna.
Owned by members, CentralStar customers have the opportunity to purchase common stock which gives them the right to participate in elections and vote on issues affecting the operations of the Cooperative. Currently the board of directors consists of the 27 former board members of NorthStar and East Central. Elections with CentralStar member-owners (common stockowner) will be conducted in late 2019 to elect 13 member-owners representing different geographic regions.
We are committed to investing in lifelong learning opportunities, empowering our 400+ employees to be a resource for the most relevant information to help producers meet their goals. Our people are passionate about CentralStar, the Ag industry, and, most importantly, producer success.
The CentralStar team simplifies on farm matters by integrating critical products and services. When our team is a part of genetics, reproduction, dairy herd management and herd health from start to finish it maximizes results.
Recent News and Specials
To enhance producer profitability through integrated services.
To provide premier services and products to agriculture producers to enhance their business and well-being. We accomplish this vision by:
• Expanding current and new services through support of technology, research and development;
• Collaborating and investing in strategic alliances with other business entities, and
• Promoting a work environment that enhances knowledge, creativity, innovation, and personal growth.