Work from home and travel the central and northern Wisconsin area.
Experience a career working with CentralStar Cooperative, the fastest-growing Dairy Herd Information (DHI) program in the United States. As a full-time regional DHI Manager in the surrounding northern-Wisconsin area, you will work with other regional managers to oversee the effective management of the Dairy Herd Information (DHI) Services business unit at CentralStar. This includes planning, promoting, prospecting, marketing, guiding, directing, and coordinating programs and activities for the accomplishment of goals and objectives that support the overall vision and mission of the cooperative.
- Provide supervision, mentorship, guidance, scheduling, annual reviews, and direction to DHI field staff using effective communication, coaching, goal setting, and active-leadership modeling;
- Train new DHI Specialists in accurate milk-sampling and data-collection procedures; component- and diagnostic-testing programs; analyzing test-day reports and other electronic data and analytics to assist with herd management; and how to operate herd- and cow-management software, including DART (formerly PCDART);
- Lead efforts to prospect for new customers and help grow the company;
- Provide on-farm DART support;
- Collaborate with Team Leaders to facilitate strong relationships among team-member employees in various business units;
- Actively promote products and services available through CentralStar;
- Step in to help with large-herd test days, if needed;
- Work to develop, coordinate, and conduct training workshops and other related meetings;
- Collaborate with other DHI Managers to prepare an annual department budget and work to control expenses by reviewing monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements;
- Regularly review and oversee the DHI billing process, commission programs, and overall financial structure;
- Collaborate to oversee and monitor activities in preparation for the annual QCS audit;
- Research and review technology advancements for use by DHI field staff;
- Represent CentralStar Cooperative DHI services at allied industry events;
- Evaluate hiring needs and conduct interviews;
- Participate in regular staff meetings and other planning sessions;
- Actively work to expand personal knowledge through professional development; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have a strong dairy-industry background with a passion for dairy-records consulting and analysis;
- Bachelor’s degree in management, agri-business, or a related field (or the equivalent in experience);
- Five or more years of experience as a manager or leader is desired;
- Outstanding people skills, with service-oriented attitude;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Exceptional public-speaking skills, including pre-speech preparation, dynamic delivery efforts, and the ability to interact with the audience and answer questions;
- Must be self-motivated with a high degree of initiative;
- Strong planning, organizational, and time-management skills required;
- Display consistent professionalism;
- Demonstrate ability to engage and motivate others;
- Strong work ethic, with the ability to work independently, as well as in a team structure;
- Must be able to honor confidentiality;
- Requires a valid driver’s license and a safe driving record;
- Must be able and willing to travel, as necessary, throughout CentralStar’s service area; and
- Excellent computer skills, including but not limited to DART, DairyCOMP 305, BoviSync, spreadsheets, presentation programs, and customer-management programs, with the ability to learn other associated software, as needed.
- Paid time off;
- Health-, dental-, and vision-insurance options;
- Flexible-spending account;
- 401 (k) – retirement savings plan with up to 4% match;
- Company-sponsored life insurance and long-term-disability insurance;
- Optional short-term-disability insurance;
- Continuing-education opportunities;
- Employee-assistance program;
- Employee-awards program; and
- Company vehicle provided.
- We prefer to promote from within when advancement opportunities arise. Our investment in your training is critical in maintaining that goal.
About CentralStar Cooperative:
CentralStar’s goal of enhancing producer profitability through integrated services is fulfilled by incorporating an array of products and services critical to dairy-and-beef-farm prosperity. CentralStar’s product and service offerings include Accelerated Genetics, GenerVations and Select Sires genetics; extensive artificial-insemination (A.I.) technician service; genetic, reproduction, and dairy-records consultation; DHI services; diagnostic testing; herd-management products; research and development; and more. CentralStar’s administration and warehouse facilities are located in Lansing, Mich., and Waupun, Wis., with laboratories in Grand Ledge, Mich., and Kaukauna, Wis. The cooperative serves dairy and beef producers throughout Wisconsin, Michigan, and Indiana, with additional DHI territory in various surrounding states.
|Job Category||Full Time|