Work from home, and travel to dairy farms in the Rock/Walworth County, Wis., area.
As a full-time Artificial Insemination (A.I) Specialist, you’ll experience the rewarding career of helping dairy and beef customers excel in herd reproduction and productivity. Genetics and reproduction are key performance indicators on farms; so, your expertise in this area is valuable to our producers. You’ll have the opportunity to work with a team of agricultural professionals, including other A.I. Specialists, DHI Specialists, Genetic Consultants, Reproductive Specialists, Area Sales Managers, and/or Team Leaders.
- Work hands-on with cattle at various types of dairy and beef farms;
- Responsible for proper heat-detection and A.I. services;
- Grow knowledge of reproductive physiology and synchronization protocols;
- Learn and help with record analysis and reproductive consulting;
- Incorporate use of electronic heat- and health-monitoring systems;
- Carry out activities independently or with a small team; and
- Upload appropriate electronic paperwork and documentation daily.
- Strong agricultural background with a dairy and/or beef focus;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Outstanding people skills, with service-orientated attitude;
- Exceptional work ethic, with ability to work on your own and with a team;
- Valid driver’s license; and
- Willing to travel, daily, to customers within a certain distance from your home.
- A.I. experience and knowledge of on-farm software is preferred, but not required.
- Base salary with endless commission potential and paid training
- Full benefits package:
- Paid time off;
- Health-, dental-, and vision-insurance options;
- Flexible-spending account;
- 401 (k) – retirement savings plan with up to 4% match;
- Company-sponsored life insurance and long-term-disability insurance;
- Optional short-term-disability insurance;
- Continuing-education opportunities; and
- Employee-assistance program.
- Employee-awards program.
- We prefer to promote from within when advancement opportunities arise. Our investment in your training is critical in maintaining that goal.
About CentralStar Cooperative:
CentralStar’s goal of enhancing producer profitability through integrated services is fulfilled by incorporating an array of products and services critical to dairy-and-beef-farm prosperity. CentralStar’s product and service offerings include Accelerated Genetics, GenerVations and Select Sires genetics; extensive artificial-insemination (A.I.) technician service; genetic, reproduction, and dairy-records consultation; DHI services; diagnostic testing; herd-management products; research and development; and more. CentralStar’s administration and warehouse facilities are located in Lansing, Mich., and Waupun, Wis., with laboratories in Grand Ledge, Mich., and Kaukauna, Wis. The cooperative serves dairy and beef producers throughout Wisconsin, Michigan, and Indiana, with additional DHI territory in various surrounding states.
|Job Category||Full Time|